"For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother."
We are a Christian nonprofit humanitarian organization dedicated to empowering and encouraging those without resources to self-sustainability.
For the Glory of God.
INDIVIDUALS - FAMILIES - COMMUNITIES
2023 NEWS Capital Campaign Underway for Medical Clinic!
Urgent Need for Solar Water Well Funding and Maternity Wing!
Medical Team Heading to Northern Uganda in March 2023!
Solar Power to Clinic currently being installed.
Legacy Sponsors Needed for the Hospital and
Vocational School/Media Center!
The Gateway Construction of the future Goro Community Center Complex will include the following facilities:
Level IV Health Center (Small Hospital), Library/Media Center, Vocational School, Literacy Center, Grain Storage Facility, 13,500 Sq-ft Multi-Purpose Pavilion, and a Solar-powered Irrigation Demonstration Farm!
Phase 1 will be the Multi-Purpose Open Air Pavilion whose roof will hold the solar panels that will supply the power for the entire complex including solar-powered deepwater wells!
Giving the Gift of Food Security, Health, and Education
Current News and Needs
- Building Campaign underway for their Health Center and School. Brick by Brick we can do this together! Please Donate!
- Irrigation Wells (solar-powered) needed for the Women's Farms to combat drought - $36,000 for 3 wells. Please Donate!
- NEW water well for 3 villages Video on Challenges in Karamojo
- 16 deep clean-water wells have now been put into operation and many more are needed.
- 5 Women's Farms and 2 Men's Farms and Piggery! Over 500 villagers working together!
- Please visit our FaceBook page for updated postings!
- We sponsor 20 Secondary/Vocational students along with providing support for all village orphans to attend Primary School.
This Registry will take you to the MyRegistry site where you may purchase items listed that will be shipped to our Pennsylvania site for shipment to Uganda via Air or Shipping Container. Most items on the list are for Medical Mission Support and Education.
Books - All kinds, all conditions: REALLY . . ANY book, CDs, DVDs
School Supplies: Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, backpacks, 1 Gal and 2 Gal Zip-Loc Bags, rulers, etc.
Medical Supplies: First-Aid, BP cuffs, Diabetes testing supplies, gloves, etc.
Soccer Equipment—Balls, Cleats, etc.
Sewing machines, scissors, needles, pins, thread, purses, string bags, totes
Bubble Wrap, Toiletries - toothbrushes, soap, lotions, toothpaste, etc.
Thomas Charities is a 501(c)3 Organization and a Registered NGO in Uganda.
Your donations are fully Tax-Exempt. Every Donation will receive a Tax Receipt.