"For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother."
We are a Christian nonprofit humanitarian organization dedicated to empowering and encouraging those without resources to self-sustainability.
For the Glory of God.
INDIVIDUALS - FAMILIES - COMMUNITIES
2021 NEWS Grant received from TESOL (Teaching English to speakers of other languages)
Current News and Needs
- Building Campaign underway for their Health Center and School. Brick by Brick we can do this together! Please Donate!
- Irrigation Wells (solar-powered) needed for the Women's Farms to combat drought - $36,000 for 3 wells. Please Donate!
- 15 deep clean-water wells have now been put into operation and many more are needed.
- NEW Men's Farm started spring of 2020 has been expanded in 2021.
- Please visit our FaceBook page for updated postings!
- SCHOOLS ARE STILL CLOSED SINCE MARCH 2020. Tutors have been brought in for village students. Very minimal schooling has been allowed by the government.
- 4 little churches have started out in Karamojo. The extended video below explains the current life of the traditional Karamojong. Irrigation wells for their cattle and arid crops are needed for their health and sustenance.
Be a Legacy Partner!
Building Campaign underway!
Video above is of the Gateway Construction of the future Goro Community Center Complex that will include the following facilities:
Level III Health Center, Library, Vocational School, Literacy Center, Grain Storage Facility and Multi-Purpose Pavilion.
Phase 1 will be the Multi-Purpose Open Air Pavilion whose roof will hold the solar panels that will supply the power for the entire complex including solar powered deep water wells!
This Registry will take you to the MyRegistry site where you may purchase items listed that will be shipped to our Pennsylvania site for shipment to Uganda via Air or Shipping Container. Most items on the list are for Medical Mission Support and Education.
Books - All kinds, all conditions: REALLY . . ANY book, CDs, DVDs
School Supplies: Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, backpacks, 1 Gal and 2 Gal Zip-Loc Bags, rulers, etc.
Medical Supplies: First-Aid, BP cuffs, Diabetes testing supplies, gloves, etc.
Soccer Equipment—Balls, Cleats, etc.
Sewing machines, scissors, needles, pins, thread, purses, string bags, totes
Bubble Wrap, Toiletries - toothbrushes, soap, lotions, toothpaste, etc.
Thomas Charities is a 501(c)3 Organization and a Registered NGO in Uganda.
Your donations are fully Tax-Exempt. Every Donation will receive a Tax Receipt.